Applicants who have excellent actual SMU UAN (Ebtanas) results or the most recent school examinations results, or equivalent high school results will be considered. Candidates are expected to show strong records of participation in co-curricular activities. Candidates who are completing the SMU Ebtanas in 2007 may be required to sit the University Entrance Examination (UEE).
Candidates will be considered and shortlisted for interviews through their application for admission to NUS. No separate scholarship application is required.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship covers the following:
- tuition fees and all compulsory fees.
- a one-off settling-in allowance of S$200.
- accommodation allowance (pegged to the lowest double room rate for on-campus accommodation).
- an annual living allowance of S$6,000. The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period of candidature for the respective undergraduate course at NUS.
- One-way air passage from home country to Singapore at the beginning of the course of study and two-way air passage upon completion of the course of study.
- Scholars are required to serve a six-year bond with the sponsoring company, its subsidiaries or other approved Singapore-registered companies.
- The scholarship is tenable for studies in the School of Computing (Computing and Computer Engineering), Faculty of Engineering (Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Science, Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Industrial & Systems Engineering) and the Faculty of Science (excluding Pharmacy).
- Recipients of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or award without the prior approval of the University.
- The University does not guarantee employment to the scholar upon graduation.
- The scholarship covers the entire duration of undergraduate studies on condition that scholars maintain a satisfactory CAP (Cumulative Average Point). The academic performance is monitored each semester.
- If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, the university reserves the right to request repayment on a case-by-case basis.
Please click here for the appplication and shortlisting process of the SembCorp Industries Undergraduate Scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
- For SembCorp Undergraduate Scholarship FAQ, please click here.
- For SIA-NOL Undergraduate Scholarship FAQ, please click here.
For enquiries, please click here to send us an email.
For information details about this program please open the website below: